At NW Dermatology Institute we are making unwanted facial and body hair a thing of the past, thanks to the Candela GentleLase and GentleYAG hair removal lasers. No more painful waxing, plucking, electrolysis, or razors! FDA approved for permanent hair reduction, the GentleLase and GentleYAG lasers allow for safe and effective hair removal and treatment of both men and women, and it's safe for every skin type.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair. The hair pigment absorbs the light, which breaks it up into tiny pieces that you flush out naturally. The laser also damages the hair follicle walls, which makes them incapable of growing new hair.
Types of Treatment
- Candela GentleLase: Removes unwanted hair in short outpatient treatments. GentleLase has a powerful long pulse that sends a carefully measured burst of heat into hair follicles to destroy the unwanted hair. The built-in cooling system keeps your skin cool with cryogen to make for a comfortable treatment.
- Candela GentleYAG: Removes unwanted hair during short outpatient sessions. GentleYAG is unique because it bypasses your skin pigment to target only your hair pigment, making it reliable and safe for any skin tone. In the past, other hair removal lasers couldn't be used on anyone with pigmented (darker) skin because they could cause skin discoloration. GentleYAG overcomes this problem using state-of-the-art technology.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has huge benefits, including:
- You can remove unwanted hair nearly anywhere on your face or body
- You get long-lasting results, far better than with any other hair removal method available
- Your treatment is highly precise because it's performed by trained experts
While there's no doubt that the benefits are amazing, it's important to understand what to expect so you have realistic expectations. Your hair grows in cycles, and only some of your hair is actively growing at any particular point. That's why you need a series of hair removal sessions to get dramatic hair reduction.
It's also important to remember that laser hair removal is hair reduction. Although it can significantly reduce your unwanted hair, that doesn't mean that you'll never see another hair in the area for the rest of your life. You may need touch-up treatments later. Fortunately, any hair regrowth is usually considerably thinner and lighter than it was before.
Commonly Treated Areas
The gentle-but-effective lasers at NW Dermatology Institute can treat hair nearly anywhere, including:
- Bikini Area
Are you looking for a better solution for unwanted hair? Just talk to your hair removal specialist at NW Dermatology Institute to learn how laser hair removal can help you.