Nisha S. Desai, MD
As a general dermatologist, my goal is to provide my patients with complete and comprehensive dermatologic care. I enjoy every aspect of dermatology including general adult, pediatric dermatology and cosmetic dermatology. I also have a particular interest in the diagnosis and medical treatment of hair disorders. I enjoy building trusting relationships with every one of my patients, from newborns through the elderly, and every age in between.
I am a Midwesterner who fell in love with the Pacific Northwest! I was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and went on to complete my undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I attended medical school at the University of Toledo where I graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. After completing my residency at OHSU I decided to stay in the Portland area and joined NW Dermatology Institute in 2011. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my five children, playing the piano, rock climbing, and exploring the Pacific NW.
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, 1998-2001
- Medical School: University of Toledo, 2003-2007
- Pediatrics Internship: St. Louis Children’s Hospital, 2007-2008
- Dermatology Residency: Oregon Health & Science University, 2008-2011
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology, 2011
- North American Hair Research Society
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Oregon Dermatology Society
- American Medical Association
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, OR
- Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, OR