Botox and Dysport are sterile solutions that are injected in small amounts to treat furrows and lines caused by the muscles of expression. Botox and Dysport are each one of eight different toxins produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, which is a highly purified and synthetically produced. Botox is the registered name of botulinum made by Allergan, Inc. Dysport is the registered name of botulinum made by Galderma Laboratories. Be assured that we use only the Allergan or Galderma Laboratories approved products.
How are Botox and Dysport used?
Botox and Dysport are used to cause specific, temporary weakness of the muscles treated. Both have been used successfully to treat and reduce the appearance of the following:
- Frown or squint lines (the deep vertical lines between the eyebrows)
- “Crows feet”, the lines along the lateral edges of the eyes
- “Bunny lines”, the horizontal lines on the sides of the upper nose
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles (caused by the muscles used to lift the eyebrows)
- Unwanted dimpling on chin
- To elevate corners of mouth 2-3 millimeters to give a more upturned appearance to the corners of the mouth
- To raise the lateral or medial eyebrows 2-3 millimeters
- Treatment of “gummy smile” with too much teeth showing
- Treatment to give the eyes a more wide open appearance by injecting small amounts in the folds under the eyes
- To treat excessive sweating in the armpits
- Migraine headaches
- Facial spasms
Who Will do my Injections?
Botox and Dysport injections are performed by one of our experienced dermatology providers, Nisha Desai, MD, Keri McKeon, PA-C, or Eileen McNulty, PA-C. Our providers are not only highly skilled at Botox and Dysport injections, they enjoy providing this service to our patients. If you schedule an appointment here at NW Dermatology Institute, we will be prepared to discuss your areas of concern, help you address areas you would like to improve and ensure that all of your questions are answered.
How Much Does Botox or Dysport cost?
It depends on how many areas are treated and how strong your muscles are. Our pricing is extremely competitive in the Portland area, especially considering your treatment will be performed by a board certified dermatologist or experienced dermatology PA-C. Call 503.223.1947 for details!
How Long Does it Take to get an Appointment?
In general, we can schedule an appointment for Botox within a day or two. Just let our front desk and scheduling staff know when you would like to be seen and we will do our best to meet your needs.