Sheryl Horwitz, NP
As a nurse practitioner specializing in sexually transmitted infections, I have spent the majority of my career working at Westover Heights Clinic in NW Portland. Westover Heights recently closed and I am pleased to be seeing patients at NW Dermatology Insitute on Fridays. While I enjoy all aspects of my job, I especially enjoy my patients, and providing educational and counseling experiences. I have a specific interest in herpes diagnosis and treatment and have served as a sub investigator on more than 80 clinical trials. Participation in clinical trials has given me the opportunity to conduct research in many areas, including vaccine and treatment options for sexually transmitted infections. In my spare time I enjoy hiking, singing, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Lewis and Clark College, 1976-1980
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Saint Louis University, 1981-1982
- Master of Science in Nursing: Oregon Health and Sciences University, 1985-1987
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health